Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fear (Part-1)

Before Word
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to persons or things or events whether current or deceased is purely coincidental

Story
I completed my under graduate studies. After much thought and deliberation, I decided to go for higher studies. Higher studies are costly, especially in the 21st century. So, I choose a college, where I could stay for first one month, without paying the semester registration fee. I also choose this college, so that if I don’t like this college, I could switch to another college with similar options. I am an Indian and the college I choose was in USA. I took a cheap class Air India ticket and boarded the flight. Of course, throughout the journey I could only sit and the seats are not that comfortable. I choose this and I have to bear with it.

My cousin was already staying there in a room that is nearby to the college. He came to the airport and took me to his room. We chatted a little, and then he told me, that there was already one of his friends, who started the graduate studies this year in the same college and was staying in a hostel inside it; if I want, I could share his room for some time. I told my cousin – “fuck yeah” .

He dropped me inside the college and introduced me to his friend Ram. I dodged my luggage in Ram’s room and my cousin, left me.
Ram – “Don’t fear, I have a phone and we could reach your cousin any time you want”
Me – “Cool”
Ram – “People come to US not just for studies, but for something more”
Me – “You mean fucking”
Ram – “Yeah, now you speak my language. Let’s go”

Yeah, this was one of the intricate reasons for me to come here. After getting freshen up, me and Ram left the dorm, and started walking towards our class room. It was a long walk, almost a kilometer. We started walking on road, then on twigs under the shade of trees, then again roads... As good as it gets, I observed that the college was a den for girls, with little boys inside it. And it was common for the girls to go out with professors here, Ram was telling me. So, I guess even if we were caught, there won’t be too much punishment. Whoa, what am I thinking, I came here for studies. That’s the main reason. The rest is just an afterthought. But the girls here, huh, God help me.

One more thing I observed is the snakes. The snakes were moving as if they were one of us, and the dirty part, everyone in the college felt the same. No one is shaking, when a snake is moving beside them; Some people were even giving a fond look towards them when they were passing and when I asked one of the workers – “They were also living creatures like us, why bother? You must be new to this place, but you will soon get inhabited”. Ram and I, keeping our fear in the fists, moved slowly, getting past the snakes, towards the class room. We saw few other people, watching their steps and realized that they were also freshers like us. We all got together and entered the class room but were soon to realize that it was empty. We were no more than fifteen in all and that’s it. That’s the class strength supposed to join a reputed American university for a fall semester. Something is definitely wrong here.

We slowly went inside, looking for snakes, below the desks and occupied the seats. We just hoped that some dirty old professor may enter the class except an excited teenage snake. Then, a beautiful woman entered. Her wrinkles articulated that she was thirty, but the hotness - sixteen. Yeah, I came to college for this.
Teacher with a curved smile on her lips– “Good morning students. Welcome to the graduate studies. Your hearts may be beating hard because of the snakes; but, believe me, one month is all it takes, to get acquainted with this place”

And after one week, I was looking for ways to escape from the campus, alive if possible. What happened ?

No comments:

Post a Comment